It is the aim of the Cliffe VC Computing Policy :
- To build on this knowledge and understanding so that pupils are equipped to use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of content.
- To ensure that pupils become digitally literate – able to use, and express themselves and develop their ideas through, information and communication technology – at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
- To ensure that pupils can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- To ensure that pupils can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- To enable pupils to evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- To ensure that pupils are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
For the full policy please see below :