It is the aim of the Cliffe VC School Art and Design Policy :
- To use the programmes of study of the National Curriculum for art to underpin teaching and learning:
- To enable pupils to produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- To help pupils become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design technique.
- To teach pupils how to evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- To ensure that pupils know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- To use the wider subjects of the curriculum e.g. English, mathematics, geography, history, science to provide stimulus and starting points for art and design.
For the full policy please see below :